Creative Freezer Cooking and Fun Play for Little Ones








Friday, October 17, 2008

Are You Still In Your Pajamas?

One day my son is going to kill me for sharing this funny story. Here it goes. Today is pajama day at my kid's school and neeedless to say they were so excited to wear their pajamas. My son, who is in kindergarten has watched his big sister wear her pajamas to school for three years and it is finally his turn. So they wake up and don't even have to change which makes their day great.

We're at the bus stop waiting this morning and I watch him frantically coming back to the van. I roll down my window and he yells, "I'm not ready. In a half whine, half crying voice, he says, "I still have my diaper on, help me momma, I'm going to miss the bus" (moms with boys can relate to the diaper thing at night). In a panic stricken mode he jumps in the van and yanks off his diaper as quick as possible with fear in his eyes. I proceed to tell him to calm down and everything will be fine. I look up and the bus is about a 1/2 mile away and the lights begin to flash. My son is out of the van and made it just in the nick of time.

This amusing event made me think of us and the end times. People are buzzing around talking about prophecy right now. My son's situation made me think of those who are still in their pajamas, not ready for the coming of the Lord. I started asking myself, "Are we asleep? Are we in our pajamas? Are we ready? How can we get better prepared?" I came up just a couple of thoughts. I don't want to be like him, frantically afraid, excited in a negative way, whining, anxious and fearful.

I want to be ready standing before God with my clothes on. Are you ready or are you still in your pajamas? Just a correlation I thought of this morning after I threw Colby's diaper away in the trash and chuckled to myself.

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. Matthew 25:13

No comments: