Creative Freezer Cooking and Fun Play for Little Ones








Monday, November 10, 2008

My Fall List


This afternoon I took a short walk to my mailbox, holding my baby. I felt the brisk air on my face and I noticed him shivering, but smiling. The pine needles on the trees were swaying gently with the breeze. If you listened hard enough, you could hear the leaves softly humming. I watched as some of them danced to a rhythm. I took a deep breath and smelled fall and it was glorious. I smiled as I approached the mailbox because the flag was still up. I knew I was going to enjoy this pleasure again shortly. As I took another walk, thirty minutes later, I felt the warmth of the sun rays shining down on my face. I looked up and thought about the creator of this beautiful fall season. God’s words fell fresh on me and I thought of several tasks having to do with the word “fall”.
· Fall in love with the Bible
· Fall in love with Jesus
· Fall in love with your husband again
· Fall in love with spending time with your children
· Fall in love with servant hood
· Fall in love with giving
Then I thought of things to fall out of:
· Fall out of love with yourself
· Fall out love with this world
· Fall out of love with judgment
· Fall out of love with money
· Fall out of love with receiving
Do any of these apply to you? They certainly impress on me. My ultimate desire is to fall in love with the creator of this breathtaking fall day. God’s Word says to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength, Deuteronomy 6:5. Take a moment to ask God to “fall” fresh on you and compose your own “fall” list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your last 2 deovtions are BEAUTIFUL!! You have the gift to see GOD in everyone!! Thanks for sharing your God moments with us. Love ya girl
Keri